Psychological Testing and Evaluations
Learning and Attention Evaluations
Have you been struggling to focus on your school work? Do you often find yourself distracted or unable to complete tasks you set out to do? Do you wonder if you have an undiagnosed or misdiagnosed learning or attention issue that is getting in the way of your success at work or at school?
At Stepwell Mental Health, we offer psychological testing to help answer these difficult questions. These include full evaluations for Learning Disabilities and Attention Deficit Disorder. Undergoing comprehensive testing can be helpful in a number of ways.
- Understanding your own strengths and challenges can have a profound impact on how you are able to navigate your academic or work environment. We will give you recommendations and tools to better manage challenge areas and further bolster your strengths.
- Receiving an accurate diagnosis is integral in understanding yourself. This process will help you gain the understanding to be more productive in all areas of your life.
- In some cases, testing results can help you achieve accommodations at school so that you can be as successful as possible.
Have you been struggling with your mental health? Are you hoping to receive an accurate diagnosis so that you can find appropriate treatment options? Or perhaps you are concerned about the validity of a past diagnosis?
At Stepwell Mental Health, we offer thorough diagnostic testing for all psychiatric disorders. Receiving an accurate psychiatric diagnosis is invaluable to our clients. Undergoing diagnostic testing can help you in a number of ways:
- By receiving a clear diagnosis, you will be able to receive more effective and streamlined treatment.
- You will increase your self-awareness so that you can be proactive in taking steps toward improved health and happiness.
- You will be provided a clear set of recommendations that the psychologist will go over with you in a feedback session. This will help you apply the results to your life in a meaningful and impactful way.
Autism Spectrum Evaluations
Have you noticed that you or your child have been struggling with maintaining interpersonal relationships, understanding social cues or difficulty engaging in conversation? Do you find that you or your child are overly sensitive to lights, smells, or sounds? Do you or your child have a strong interest in one area? Has a medical provider or teacher indicated that Autism may be a concern?
At Stepwell Mental Health, we offer Autism Spectrum Evaluations to help determine an accurate diagnosis. Undergoing Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) testing can help in a number of ways:
- ASD is sometimes misdiagnosed as Attention/Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) or various other conditions. The correct diagnosis will help with treatment planning which may include educational accommodations, behavioral therapy, occupational therapy, &/or social skills training.
- An accurate diagnosis of ASD will help you to understand the full scope of this life-long disorder.
- A set of recommendations will give you a place to start for treatment and help.